***COVID19 GUIDELINES BELOW***
LET'S GET READY FOR A CRANKSGIVING RUMBLE!!!
The 2020 Rumble in the Jungle is Sunday November 29th at 9:30AM. (Kids race starts at 8:30AM.)
The Rumble in the Jungle is a 50 mile or 25 mile Solo and 50 mile Team relay mountain bike race. Teams may consist of up to 4 riders.
Please support the Markham Park Mountain Bike Trails by entering the race, whether you ride one lap or more your support of the trails is in your benefit. All proceeds go to the Markham Park Trail Building Fund, and will be used to build and maintain YOUR Markham Park Trail System.
Registration is online ONLY. Click here to register.
Class designation is the last class you raced in during the past 5 years. Sport team no more than one Expert member. Intermediate team no more than one Sport member. Novice team no more than one Intermediate member. CO-ED team must have one female and no more than one male Expert.
50 mile Solo Categories:
Male 50 Expert (King of the Jungle)
Male 50 Sport
Male 50 Base
Male 50 Novice
Male 50 Grandmasters (age 50+)
Clydesdale 50 (220+ lbs)
Women 50 Expert (Queen of the Jungle)
Women 50 Base
25 mile Solo Categories:
Male 25 Expert
Male 25 Sport
Male 25 Base
Male 25 Novice
Women 25 Expert
Women 25 Base
Junior 25 Boys (12-17)
Junior 25 Girls (12-17)
*Solo categories may be combined if there are not at least 3 registered racers in a category.
50 mile Team Categories:
Team Expert 2-4 riders
Team Sport 2-4 riders
Team Base 2-4 riders
Team Novice 2-4 riders
Team Women 2-4 riders
Team Co-Ed 2-4 riders
3-5: Fun Ride
Boys 6-8: 1 lap kid's course
Girls 6-8: 1 lap kid's course
Boys 9-11: 2 lap kid's course
Girls 9-11: 2 lap kid's course
Kids 6-8 will race one lap of a special kids course 3 to 4 miles at 8:30AM before the main race. Kids 3-5 will ride a fun ½ mile lap on the service road.
Registration is $50 per adult racer until Friday October 30th.
Late registration is $60 per adult on Saturday October 31st ends at 9pm.
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!!!
Junior registration is $20.
Kids 6-11 registration is $10.
Kids 3-5 registration is free.
Register online here.
Packet Pickup is at the trailhead pavilion on November 28th from 10AM-4PM.
Late packet pickup is 7:30-9:00AM Nov 1st before the race. No race day registration.
Racecourse will be available to pre-ride Friday and Saturday before the race. No pre-ride on the day of the race.
Kids Race starts at 8:30AM.
Racer meeting at 9:15AM.
Race starts at 9:30AM.
All kids will receive medals.
Adult top 3 finishers receive medals and podium.
Overall men’s and women’s 50 mile Mega Rumble winners to receive custom trophy.
***Race Markham COVID-19 Social Distancing Guidelines:***
· PLEASE follow these guidelines for the safety of yourself and others.
· REGISTER ONLINE Only this will greatly reduce time in registration and shared materials (therefore reduce potential virus transmission); we will be extending the online registration deadline to midnight before the event to help facilitate this.
· No in person registration or day of event registration.
· Bring your own water and nutrition (be self-sufficient).
· Stand at least 6 feet apart from one another (immediate family / household excluded).
· Wear a face cover / mask when you are unable to social distance or stand 6 feet apart.
· Wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer.
· Do not offer or accept to shake hands, hug, elbow bumps, fist pumps etc. (in other words try to avoid touching anyone).
· Podium celebrations will be as brief as possible, and onlookers are required to social distance during this time as well.
· Keep a 10-foot space between each pit / team tent area.
· No more than 10 people are to gather in a pit / team area at any one time.
· Please keep physical socializing to a minimum, use your phone or other means to communicate instead.
· The CDC recommends persons who are sick with fever or cough, the elderly or those at high risk, to stay at home.
· If you know you have had contact with someone diagnosed with having COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or you yourself have had COVID-19 in the last 30 days, please stay at home.
• Event shall be for participants only. Team mechanics or support allowed but no more than 10 people shall gather team area.
• Spectating on the trails during the race only if the person also volunteers.
Race Markham Volunteers will put into place the following measures:
• Volunteers will wear face covers / masks at registration and face covers / masks anytime they are near others (within 6 feet).
• No in person registration. All registration shall be online only.
• Packet Pick Up area will have a 6-foot barrier between staff and participants.
• Hand sanitizer will be available for anyone at packet pick up
• Packet Pick Up will have spaced cones 6 feet apart to ensure the proper social distancing spots for participants during the registration process.
• No water, fluid replacement, nutrition or snacks will be provided.
• No Mass start.
• Participants will be stagger started in groups of no more than ten at a time and spaced at least 6 feet apart. Waves times will be announced to each participant when they pick up their race number plate.
• Podiums will be spaced 6 feet apart for photo opportunities.
• Number of participants shall be capped in order to maintain 10 person start waves.
• Additional porta potties
• Hand wash/sanitizing stations
• Signage throughout for social distance rules and guidelines
Trails are maintained and improved by volunteers. Let's help make them better!
Copyright © 2018 RACEMARKHAM.COM - All Rights Reserved.
Email race/vendor/sponsor question- firstname.lastname@example.org